New heat pump and furnace on the way.

Having my furnace and heat pump replaced in a few weeks.
The installer said that there are not enough wires for the thermostat control, and that they will have to get into the attic to fish more wires for the control, which is located on wall, I want to use the existing location for the thermostat.
Once they get the wires into the wall, where the existing thermostat is, they will run them to the furnace in the basement where the flue vent is, as there is not access to the basement, the ceiling is finished.
I wonder how they are going to find the spot in the attic to drill the 2X4 header to fish more wire to the thermostat, I have no objection to drilling a small hole in the ceiling above the thermostat as a reference guide.
Am I thinking thats what they will do?
Tom
Are you changing from gas or oil to heat pump or something like that?

tflfb wrote: /snip/

Hopefully they will have the right tools. I'd use a BASE-BOAR-ZIT and drill up from the thermostat location.
http://www.lsdinc.com/lsdinccgi/search.cgi?user_id 374&2_option=2&2=drills&databaseta/Dbase1.txt&template=templatekk.html&output_number
says...

them. They'll be able to see the framing for the wall in the attic, and they'll know where to drill.
Rick
They might use the old wires to pull in a cable that has enough pairs of wires that you need...what brand of heat pump and furnace oare you getting? I have had a Trane system for 12 yrs. and never did it fail me. Andy

I bought a Maytag Seer 16 heat pump and a variable speed Maytag furnace, I have natural gas heat at the present, but no heat pump. Maytag has a 10 yr parts and labor warranty.
The company is reputable they installed the present system when the house was built.
Tom