New furnace hums

Hi,
I got a new Heil (ICP) furnace for my little brick bungalow last spring. Heats OK (so far).
With Tstat calling for inaction, it sits there and hums. I flip the shutoff switch and the hum dies.
Gotta be the transformer? I don't recall a transformer hum with previous furnaces.
Is this normal? Doe it make a difference if the transformer is Honeywell?
Thx, Puddin'
Pease pudding hot, Pease pudding cold, Pease pudding in the pot Nine days old.
I've owned a couple Heil furnaces, 92% natural gas forced air, and both have a small but detectable hum from the transformer. In both cases (the Heil I installed 19 years ago and the Heil I installed last winter) the hum was really only noticeable if you got up close to the cabinet.
Smarty

Thanks.
Damned if I remember a hum from the Carrier (actually a Bryant) that we ripped out of her last spring. And I was in the cabinet workin' on it a couple times in it's last (20th) year.
Hope you've had good service from both Heil units.
Puddin'

Pease pudding hot, Pease pudding cold, Pease pudding in the pot Nine days old.
I had superb service from my first Heil, which was one of the very first 92% furnaces offered 20 years ago when I installed it. The new Heil was put in last year to avoid surprising repairs or failures when I am out of town traveling (I am now retired) and I just hope it will be as good as the last Heil. It seems more complex and thus more likely to fail, something I was disappointed to see. I bought a 2 stage unit hoping to save some fuel and electric costs, but this has not proved to be the case, so I wind up with more complexity and no apparent savings. It does run quieter however, since it is mostly on the lower speed blower and lower output burner stage. The new igniter system is my biggest concern.
The hum in both of my units is really not a big deal. I can not hear it elsewhere in the house. There may be a way to get the hum reduced in yours if it is really objectionable. Either replace the transformer, or put it on vibration isolators of some type (rubber grommets or some spacers to isolate the noise from getting into the furnace cabinet).
Smarty

Part of what I had to size up when I spec'd my mew unit. I got single stage.

Mine is noisy, but it doesn't much bother me (yet).

I gotta extra glow plug outa the contractor.

The only reason it bothered me was, I didn't know if it was normal, and I needed to find out well before the warranty expired. Issue resolved.
Thanks, Puddin'

Pease pudding hot, Pease pudding cold, Pease pudding in the pot Nine days old ...
Glad to help.

Puddin' Man wrote:

Same with my year-old Lennox. Audible for a few feet.

It doesn't know the words?
Puddin' Man posted for all of us...

Asked and answered MANY times - do your own research.