new dishwasher / stored in in cold garage

We just bought a new Kenmore dishwasher at a Sears outlet store that we are temporarily storing in our below freezing garage .. is this a problem? Is it true that there might be some water in it from testing at the factory? I hope not, or we might have problems... the young guy at Sears didn't think storing it in our garage would be a problem. Comments anyone?

All the ones I have installed always have some water in thier pump
PAUL100 wrote:

I've never noticed it (but then, I've only had about 2 or three new ones, ever)...
If OP is worried, he could always drop the hoses to the pump...
will this little big of water (that will be ice) ruin the pump?

are
Is
think
Howie wrote:

I'd say it would be highly unlikely unless there's a trapped area somewhere in a plastic pump housing, but even then I'd expect enough bypass to avoid a problem.
If, as someone else says, the manufacturers are shipping them w/ some residual water, they certainly aren't always being kept in heated areas before delivery...

All dishwashers and washing machines are going to have a small amount of water left in them from the factory. Not enough that freezing will hurt them because many dealers warehouses and no delivery trucks are heated anyway. Just wait sufficient time after install to let the water thaw before turning on the machine so the pump isn't trying to turn while froze up.