New concrete driveway - a potential problem ?

I had a concrete driveway torn out and repoured about 35 days ago . I it was cold but slight above freezing ( Atlanta, GA ) . The finisher said he added 2 bags of calcium additive to speed up curing enough so he could pefrom the broom finish in daylight. At about 1:00 the next day he came bay with saw and cut in the control joints . I lightly wet it the day after that x2 per day6 for a week . Everything seemed OK but the concrete seems to have not cured to uniform color yet . However ,I also noticed that when cleaning up an oil spill there appeared to be tiny hairline cracks made visible in the oil stain . Is there a problem ? If so , what steps to I take next ? - thanks

Reply to
rkpatt758

The weather will not hut the drive. By now it is close to full strength. I am not sure I like the addition of the calcium additive but someone who knows concrete better than I should answer that one. I don't like the little cracks you are seeing. They may be nothing or they could be a sign of a bad job (bad mix or bad working of the concrete). That one will be hard to tell from here, but it will show up in a year or two if it is a problem. I would not worry about the color issue. Just give it more time.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan