need used dryer heat selector switch

Hi,
The stem of my Whirlpool dryer heat selector rotary switch broke and I need a replacement. The part (686739) is $53+ new--not really worth the investment on this 20 year-old unit.
Is anyone sitting on a junker dryer with a working used switch that they'd like to sell me cheap?
Please send me an email at snipped-for-privacy@njpha.org
Thanks,
DREW.

Or you could buy another dryer like it, and when it broke, you'd likely have a spare switch.
Or it might never break and that would probably be worth the money.
Or the same part might break the next time, definitely a real possiblity.

You drive a '73 Pinto??

Wow! What a cheap bastard!
Do you put used teeth in your 50 year old body?
I've no idea what the electrical characteristics of this switch are but perhaps you can buy a plain old toggle switch that will do the same thing. May look awful but will do the job.