need to remove awning to tuckpoint?

Hello, I got a bad feeling about this: the hubby wants to tuckpoint the front door area. There is a metal awning above the front door and a second-floor window above the awning. He told me he intends to tie up the awning, unbolt it and pull the rope or chains thru the window (and probably tie it to the banister or heaven knows what...if he finds enuff rope might wrap it aound a couple of rooms, as there is a doorway between two rooms) This idea scares me. He plans to do it by himself. I wonder if the awning can take the stress. I don't know how sound it is structurally. I have doubts the re-bolting is gonna be easy. My question: is it common practice? Seems like a lotta work and potenially dangerous TIA.
Dear Tia, your husband is cheating on you. it is obvious. 'tuck-pointing' is a slang term for having sex with the baby-sitter. front door is obvious to all of us here as back-door tuck-pointing may be a felony in your state or province. Seek professional help before you ruin your marriage.

ha ha ha...I wish! Then he wouldn't have the time or energy for "home improvements" 11 years ago he peeled the flooring off in the kitchen. I can still see the basement thru the cracks between the board.