Need some creative ideas

Remodeling kitchen, the sink faced an interior wall. Shortening up a window, then intend to place sink under it. Will have plenty of lighting, putting 8 LED can lights. However, want to place a pendant light _centered_ over sink. The bottom cord of a truss sits almost smack dab in the center of the window.

How can I mount an electrical box on the bottom of the cord & hide it? Was checking out medallions, can't seem to find one for the application I need.

Thanks

Reply to
Gomba

Probably easiest is the "pancake" box...

Remove the sheetrock where needed, drill hole for the wiring and away ya' goes...

--

Reply to
dpb

You can put the box off a foot or so from where the light is to hang, then put a hook into the ceiling exactly where you want the light to hang, and put the pendant light on a chain that is 15 - 18 inches longer than you need it to be and you will have a long enough chain to go from the box, drooping down a couple of inches, then back up to the hook and then down to the light. I think it's called a swag lamp. I had to do that with a dining room chandelier (fairly small) and it looks just fine.

Reply to
hrhofmann

Would mounting the box on the side of cord and using a large medallion work?

This place carries medallions in sizes from under 18" to over 3 feet, in round, oval, square, octogon, etc.

Are you sure you can't find one that will work to center the light but hide the uncentered box?

DerbyDad03

The OP said he/she wanted to put in a pendant lamp, as far as I know, that means hanging down from the ceiling, not recessed.

Reply to
hrhofmann

On 6/11/2012 8:38 PM, hr(bob) snipped-for-privacy@att.net wrote: ...

Yes, and his problem was he couldn't put the center of the box where he wanted it to hang the fixture from w/o cutting the lower chord of the truss.

The pancake box lets him do that...

Reply to
dpb

Perfect! Many thanks to everyone.

Reply to
Gomba

Very cool, ordered it yesterday on the 12th, tracking says it's out for delivery already. Will receive today the 13th!

Reply to
Gomba