Need Help with KENMORE GAS RANGE/OVEN

This is a KENMORE GAS RANGE/ Oven. The Oven stopped working yesterday. I looked for instructions and could not find any. Can you please help?
FedUP wrote:

the ignitor broke and that is why ours did not work... might be your problem... removed it from the hole in the wall, unplugged it, removed the gas line from it(it was on a flexible line) and removed the ignitor and tested it.. held it with a pair of vice grip pliers and pluged the wires into the wall outlet and nothing on the ignitor(it should have glowed.... so i went to parts store and got a new one. about $45-$50 or so, cant remember, you gotta be careful with them as they break easy, the ceramic coiled tip breaks and it does not work anymore........

Hi,
Kenmore is made by several different companies....model#? http://www.applianceaid.com/model.html Some model# helps.
Oven stopped how? No glow coil? No pilot flame? http://www.applianceaid.com/gas.html *Some* gas range helps.
jeff.

Not without specific observations/details and the model number off the appliance. Some of the observations and details which are needed are:
Does it use a pilot (flame) ignition system or electronic ignition system? (we could find out if you posted the appliance's model number).
If electronic ignition system, does the oven use a glow bar ignition system? (we could tell that with appliance's model number as well).
If it does use a glow bar ignition system, is the ignitor glowing when the oven is turned on?
Is any gas being released into the oven?
More to follow once you've answered those.
You can find tips for locating the model and serial number tag on your appliances in the 'Repair Parts' section of my site linked below.
Dan O. - Appliance411.com http://ng.Appliance411.com/?ref411=Kenmore+range
=~~~~~~
Hey- Thanks! This is a Sears Rowbuck KENMORE GAS OVEN- Model 3627352192- Seriol no: 4s215575P- It is apparantly made in Mexico. I looked at the "so called manual". There are supposedly IGNOTORS! It is electronic ignition system. I dont know where this IGNITOR is to see if it turns on or not when I turn on the OVEN. Many thanks for your help. Lisa

Hi,

GE built Kenmore gas range.

There is ignitors, use&care manual usually don't have much repair info!

Under the oven floor, remove the racks, the floor should have 2 removable screws on the inside at the back to lift out the oven floor.
http://www.repairclinic.com/referral.asp?R 3&N90 Igniter for oven, broiler, or both.
http://www.applianceaid.com/gas.html#gas-help Problems with the glow bar system.....
Many Thanks Lisa

The bakke ignitor will usually be neneath an oven botton panel and mounted beside the oven burner. You may be able to see it glowing through vent holes in that panel. If not, that panel will usually have to be removed to get more observations.