Need a good caulk for saw cut slab

I had my garage floor slab saw cut and want to fill the grooves in with caulking prior to framing over it. What should I look for in a caulking material that will last and can have a sealer/epoxy floor paint applied over it as well? The grooves are 1/4" width and about 1 3/4" deep. There's about 230 linear feet to fill and I figured just caulking in the top 1" of the groove to where it's flush with the surface.

Reply to
MaxAZ

You can use a backer rod to fill in the joint to within 1/2' of the top and then fill with a quality urethane caulk like Sonneborn NP-1. You can still apply an epoxy (100% solids)over the floor. For instructions on how to install an epoxy garage floor go to

Hope this helps

MaxAZ wrote:

Reply to
condes

If the product suggested by the other posters is not available, HD (in SoCal) carries a SIKA product that is a self-leveling crack sealer that is perfect for the job, use a backer rod to control fill depth

cheers Bob

Reply to
BobK207

Excellent advice. For this install, you might consider SL-1 (same stuff in a self leveling formula).

DanG

Concrete crack filler or if the grooves are large, regular mortar. Heck, you could even use grout. If you want to get it out later, use silicone.

Reply to
PipeDown

Thanks guys, I'll be at Home Depot this weekend to see if they stock it.

Reply to
MaxAZ