Natural Gas Line to Grill - Who should I call for repairs??

I have a natural gas line that goes out to my outdoor gas grill.
The gas pipe must be cracked or something because water keeps getting into the pipe and obstructing the flow of gas. (I can blow it out w/ compressed air)
I've researched this for a while and have decided I'd better hire a professional to fix or install a new line.
What type of professional should I call????
- The gas company? (I already know they won't touch it) - The grill company? - A plumber? - An HVAC Pro? - A professional Landscaper?
Will a plumber or HVAC pro actually do the manual labor of digging a trench?
I know I could save money by doing some manual labor myself, but I decided that I'm either going to do 100% of the job or none of it.
Thanks in advance for your input!
DMS wrote:

That about lets them out, huh? <gt>

I'm sure they'll fly somebody in...

Yep. That's your Bogie.

Not really their field.

Who won't have a clue after he digs the trench.

Plumbers either dig it themselves or send a sub-contractor out to do it. Happens all of the time with leaks and sewer digs.
--
Nobody tells a good "ni*ger joke" like "SAPguru" / "Hobbes"
see for yourself @ http://tinyurl.com/39beu
I-zheet M'drurz wrote:

I even had one tell me he would fix it if I dug it. It would have saved me a lot of money, if the city, who already said it was not their job, come by and fixed it the next day.
--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math
DMS wrote:

call a plumber.. and he will either do the digging or get someone out there to do it,, depends on how much mud has to be moved.. and they are not cheap.. i had a tunnel under slab house dug for about 25 ft. and it was like $110 per foot to dig and $300 to dig a pit to get under the house(you might change your mind when you look at the price of digging) i would have done my own work(all of it) but hurt my back before this problem and could hardly walk, muchless dig....

A plumber,most gas companies in most states no longer service gas lines inside the house,only house to street,so a plumber will be your best bet they are used to digging holes and stuff for water sewer lines etc. "What I resist, persists, and speaks louder than I know"
Call a plumber or a gas contractor, I would imagine if you are getting water in your gasline you have a pretty serious problem. Doesn't the smell of all that gas leaking scare you a little. I know it would scare the hell out of me, I mean if you just had a little pinhole type leak or a leaking joint on the piping you would smell it, but if you have enough of a leak to acutually allow water to get into the pipe you must have on whopping big hole. Don't screw around get a liscenced gasfitter to repair it.
Thanks for all the great responses so far!
I can't actually smell gas leaking... the water obstructs the flow of the gas since the gas pressure is so low.
If I were to blow out the water with an air compressor, it would take about a week for it to get blocked with water again. During that time, it probably leaks a bit into the yard, but nothing really noticeable. There's only about 12 ounces of water (a drinking glass full) in the line.
Also, I have the gas valve shut right now since it won't make it all the way to the grill anyway.
newsgroups snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (DMS) wrote in message
Just another thought if you can't smell any gas leaking, it could possibly be condensation in the line. Do any of the other lines in the house ever have a problem?

Wait..you cant get water into a pressurized line...not unless its already there, and unless you have run a line downhill to the grill, or not installed a line of the correct diameter, and type, you dont have a leak, but condensation. Its that simple.
We see this all the time, and in most jurisdictions here, copper, as suggested by someone else, is not only illegal, but downright dangerous.

On 24 May 2004 21:09:13 -0700, newsgroups snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (DMS) wrote:

Your plastic tubing feeding gas to your grill is probably trenched in 3 or 4 inches under the ground. It probably runs from your gas meter across your lawn to the grill. Just cut the gas off at the valve beside the meter, rent yourself a Ditch Witch trencher down at Home Depot and dig yourself a trench across the yard to the grill. then get yourself a roll of 3/8" copper tubing from Home Depot with Brass Mechanical Compression Couplings to connect each end of the pipe.
Now you have repair the fuel line feeding your grill!
Regards, Bill