My Wife.....

Page 4 of 4
bl wrote:

Actually the property tax is around $1900. It's the pirates at the school district who take the rest.

I remember the military having a program to "buy" houses from folks in your position. Check with Family Services or what ever they call it these days. TB
Tom Baker wrote:

I checked on that. Seems the Public Health Service does that but the military doesn't.
wrong, the military will buy back houses under certain conditions.
My father in-law returned to work for the miltiary (he is retired), However in a more civilian manamgnent position. They bought his home in Stockton Calf for him to move.
May be different being called back to active duty and may depend on rank, But I would check to see if being called back to active duty after retirement would be considered. And go higher than the paper pushers and see what your options are.

MC wrote:

Military no. Period.

~Zaitsev is correct. There is currently no program to buy back houses from military members. Congress thought about it for about a minute this year and did nothing. In addition, the program for buyback of civilian employees is very limited.
Pick
The postion my father in-law works in the civilian role and the rank at which he retired and all the brass he knows is sure to have had something to do with them buying his house, and paid to move him.
One point is however, I run accross many people you get out of the military not really knowing all the benifits they can get. Depends on the service, rank, etc. However everyone who has had military duty should check into what all the benifits are. Some may be entitled to VA benifits is serverd during conflicts even if not retired, education benifits, etc.
I got spoiled being able to access some of the nicer commesary and PX on the base near here so when I no longer had access priveledges I drag my mother out there to shop sometimes since she still has access (father also retired military). Just wish I would have made a carreer of it then, I could be retired by now, almost retire from a civilian job too coming up in a few years.
MC

Maybe that is the difference, My father in-law did not resume active duty, just working with them in a civilian role, He is about 70 now, If you can say being on the golf course half the time with the brass is work !

Tom Baker wrote:

.....is a total airhead idiot !
Rescate wrote:

If you're referring to my wife.....she gets it from her mother.
http://www.densarco.org/home
Sorry for the FU.

One minor detail was omitted. The location of the house. To some people that might be an issue...

Location of military bases suggest San Antonio, TX.
-Frank
--
(email: change out to in)

listed a house As Is - Non-negotiable Divorce Sale.
Sold it same day it appeared in MLS Ad. Full Price!