My Wife.....

wrong, the military will buy back houses under certain conditions.

My father in-law returned to work for the miltiary (he is retired), However in a more civilian manamgnent position. They bought his home in Stockton Calf for him to move.

May be different being called back to active duty and may depend on rank, But I would check to see if being called back to active duty after retirement would be considered. And go higher than the paper pushers and see what your options are.

Reply to
MC

I don't walk around with them. I go into the backyard with my dogs, which could be part of the problem but that's the way it goes.

Reply to
~Zaitsev

Greedy, my ass. I'm losing money now...by 15K.

Reply to
~Zaitsev

$5100/yr. Do the math.

Reply to
~Zaitsev

Wrong. Military at Lackland and my congressman said no. Civilians yes. Military no. Period.

Reply to
~Zaitsev

~Zaitsev wrote in :

~Zaitsev is correct. There is currently no program to buy back houses from military members. Congress thought about it for about a minute this year and did nothing. In addition, the program for buyback of civilian employees is very limited.

Pick

Reply to
Pick

listed a house As Is - Non-negotiable Divorce Sale.

Sold it same day it appeared in MLS Ad. Full Price!

Reply to
bumtracks

OK..... mortagage rates are going up so you may have to take a hit. Also, be aware that some people will not consider a house with a pool. At least that is true in NY and NC where I've spent most my time.

Are you making it hard for potential buyers? Like requiring 24 hours notice before showing or not using a lockbox. Make sure you make showing the house easy. Keep lights on so the house looks bright. Double check the MLS ad to make sure it is accurate including number of bathrooms, square feet, etc. Remember people do computerized searches and if it is not accurately entered the house will not come up in a search. Looks like a bargain compared to Raleigh NC.

Reply to
Art

It's an old website. I've listed it with Century 21.

Reply to
~Zaitsev

Pack up everything but the bare essentials and put them in public storage. Your rooms have too much "stuff" in them. Even large rooms look cramped if there is too much furniture or bric-a-brac. Pack away as many clothes as possible so the closets look bigger. After all that, you can think about painting.

Be sure it is clean. This is very important. If it's not really spotless, people look at it and start to wonder what else was neglected they can't see.

Reply to
Dorot29701

That program only applies in limited situations like a base closure.

Reply to
Jim

Being available,, for unexpected questions, but out of the way so they and speak among themselves... that's a good thing.

Having the list like you have on the web page, of when this or that was installed along with a few photos. Stack of these left on table so they can take one with them is nice.

They say no matter the color of carpet or interior walls, you're prone to pick a color that is not "perfect" in the buyers eyes... BUT a color that's other than white can cause a normal sized room look small.. (in other words, painting a perfectly clean white or offwhite room you may not get your money back for that... but a nasty, or purple-green room may be worth the money to paint) I personally don't care for the blue in the photo of the kitchen due to it drawing attention to the size of the kitchen... makes it look smaller. Also I'd prefer lighter color (white) with the stained wood trim. THAT's what I dislike the most... the blue with the brown trim. DON'T paint perfectly good wood trim...

Person I sold my last house to was a nurse,, She had perfectly gorgeous stained chair rail, crown molding, kitchen cabnets painted white.... (I went back for a visit..) Looked like a can of white paint had exploded in there. This was den dining room and kitchen...Oh she did this to window trim too... Nice large stained mantle over fireplace,,, she had that painted white too..... about cried... You could light the whole den/ dining area with a 7 watt night lite bulb. To each their own...

Reply to
Chuck

That's as bad as the northeast.... That would be hard for me to take... But if someone is forced to live in the area.. they'll have to pay it... unless there's options across the county line....

Reply to
Chuck

Maybe that is the difference, My father in-law did not resume active duty, just working with them in a civilian role, He is about 70 now, If you can say being on the golf course half the time with the brass is work !

Reply to
MC

The postion my father in-law works in the civilian role and the rank at which he retired and all the brass he knows is sure to have had something to do with them buying his house, and paid to move him.

One point is however, I run accross many people you get out of the military not really knowing all the benifits they can get. Depends on the service, rank, etc. However everyone who has had military duty should check into what all the benifits are. Some may be entitled to VA benifits is serverd during conflicts even if not retired, education benifits, etc.

I got spoiled being able to access some of the nicer commesary and PX on the base near here so when I no longer had access priveledges I drag my mother out there to shop sometimes since she still has access (father also retired military). Just wish I would have made a carreer of it then, I could be retired by now, almost retire from a civilian job too coming up in a few years.

MC

Reply to
MC

I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong ...

That property tax is in Texas - and Texas doesn't have an income tax. So they raise money through property taxes.

In the northeast, you get to pay both.

Back to the original poster - are other comparable homes in the neighborhood selling?

Reply to
bl

.....is a total airhead idiot !

Reply to
Rescate

A few years back I went over to visit A fellow I worked with. Walked into his NEW house and the railngs for his stairway were gone. I asked what was the deal, and he brought me to the basement, where the parts of the railings were. He had completely disassembled the railing, and was painting everything white, his solid oak railing, balisters, everything, white! What can you say?! I could never understand why he had disassembled it all, let alone paint it! Greg

Reply to
Greg O

I can only guess that means you haven't been there very long. My next door neighbors just sold their house (identical to mine) for roughly

2.4 times what we paid for ours 6 years ago. Things have gone entirely nuts around here (Queens, NY, part of NY City) as far as real estate goes, but I'm surprised to hear that prices have actually come down anywhere.

Greg Guarino

Reply to
Greg G

I think he means.. asking 15K less than value... not less than he paid..

Reply to
Chuck