My Wife.....

Page 2 of 4

That borders on being illegal in NY. :-) If a realtor represents both parties, it requires a really nit-picking set of paperwork.
Another thought: List it online with America's Choice, if you have the time to show it yourself. If the realtor has a problem with this, tell him to start doing his job. You're his employer. In any other sales position, you'd be entitled to hold his ass to the fire as much as you want. Maybe a little competition would help.
Short story: When I began looking at houses with my agent, I'd also visit homes being sold by owners via America's Choice. I stopped into one house which was damned near perfect, except it was a bit too close to the highway for my tastes. By this point, my realtor was doing such a great job that I thought I'd toss him a potential listing. I mentioned the house. He asked how it was decorated. I described it, and mentioned that the guy was a hunter and had a couple of antlers on the walls. My realtor laughed and said the antlers would turn off people who don't like hunters. He called the owner and got the listing. The house was sold in 2 weeks. The owner had been trying for 6 months.
Antlers. :-)

Don't be so greedy. Lower your asking price by at least 20%.
Oscar_Lives wrote:

OK..... mortagage rates are going up so you may have to take a hit. Also, be aware that some people will not consider a house with a pool. At least that is true in NY and NC where I've spent most my time.
Are you making it hard for potential buyers? Like requiring 24 hours notice before showing or not using a lockbox. Make sure you make showing the house easy. Keep lights on so the house looks bright. Double check the MLS ad to make sure it is accurate including number of bathrooms, square feet, etc. Remember people do computerized searches and if it is not accurately entered the house will not come up in a search. Looks like a bargain compared to Raleigh NC.

I can only guess that means you haven't been there very long. My next door neighbors just sold their house (identical to mine) for roughly 2.4 times what we paid for ours 6 years ago. Things have gone entirely nuts around here (Queens, NY, part of NY City) as far as real estate goes, but I'm surprised to hear that prices have actually come down anywhere.
Greg Guarino

paid..
Greg G wrote:

You're fortunate. San Antonio does not appear to be a money town. The only people who think the property values here are skyrockeing is the Tax Assessor.
I've appealed but they don't even give you the courtesy of an acknowledgement letter. Never heard from them.

More fortunate than people in the opposite condition, to be sure. But all the OTHER houses around here have gone up just as much, so it's not like it's real money, unless I plan to move out of the city entirely.
Greg Guarino

Ignore Oscar.. He sometimes posts 4 or 5 times in one night in reference to someone saying they have a problem with their "hot water heater" Saying they're crazy to heat water that's already hot... Planters, Fisher etc don't have all the nuts in the world...some of them are loose on the internet... Chuck....
Art wrote:

I like light blue. If the walls were white, I'd make a lower offer. Hell, I'm going to repaint it anyway unless it was just done. Unless it is hideous, dirty, or very dark, ignore the realtor.
I've never been happy with a one coat job. Two works much better. Any good brand of paint will do, just avoid the cheap crap as you need more of it, splatters more and it takes longer.

Where is the house? If it's in southeastern Virginia (Tidewater), it should sell quickly...unless it's overpriced. Listings here are still selling in days, not weeks.
Lynn
750 credit ?? the cost for an average rooms walls to paint is 100- 150. 750 you are dreaming or a dumb ass to pay so much.
m Ransley wrote:

Don't be too hasty. She painted the entire downstairs blue. 5 rooms.
LFR wrote:

-> painted walls a light blue. Now she's in MD and I'm selling the house. -> Realtor said paint them white. -> -> Is there really a paint that will cover this stuff in one coat? -> -> Please help....time is of the essence. -> -> thanks.
Can you rent the house out while you're trying to sell?
--
8^)~~~ Sue (remove the x to e-mail)
~~~~~~

xrongor wrote:

I'll accept comments about this. I left color selection to her but it seems I should have had some input here.
http://abcnews.go.com/Health/story?id#5781&page=1

If you're referring to the mention of Texas in that news story, that would only have an effect on dumb people who don't understand how diseases work.
Doug Kanter wrote:

website. Damn. I hate growing old.
http://www.densarco.org/home
Sorry