My 2nd trip to Harbor Freight

I went there intending to buy the multi function power tool (can we just call it a mfpt?) at half price with coupon, a roller seat, full price if I had to, and a couple small items and hopefully a bunch of unadvertised specials. I'd go more often but it's a 100 mile round trip.
What do you know, I forgot the coupon flyer. There at the mfpt's someone left a coupon for half off. :-) Thanks stranger! Weaved through all the isles picking up a couple things, forgot about the roller seat. Then on my way to the checkout with only a few items, I found a flyer someone else left there! It was different than the one I forgot and besides the roller chair on sale, I found lots of good bargains, many 50% off, some even more! I ended up spending a little over $170, but got many real good deals! I now had an extra mfpt coupon so I stuck it in the pile so the next person in need would find it.
The odd part of the receipt is that it said I saved $28.48 Hell, I saved more than that on just the mfpt. Most of what I bought was half price, so where did they come up with the "you saved $28.48"? Was that the unadvertised specials?
Back at home I demonstrated to my very interested girlfriend, the MFPT. I made a couple cuts on some wood, then while it was still running, I touched the same blade that cut the wood and it was harmless. (Of course I had practiced this in private before the demonstration.)
Overall a great tool shopping day! I seem to need a larger tool box, but I know I can't afford a larger snap-on box. Anyone know of some large good/inexpensive tool boxes? This is already with all the power tools on shelves, and lot's more tools hanging from the wall in back of the work bench. Girlfriend says lack of room means I have enough tools. How silly she is.

Keep looking at Craigslist for toolboxes. Sooner or later you will get lucky. SnapOn, Matco, Mac are all worthwhile, Craftsman less so, except later models. Keep in mind that no one ever bought a toolbox that was too big. Ever. Go for huge if possible.
Joe
On 3/5/2011 11:42 AM, Joe wrote:

Good idea, I never did much with craigs list so I forget that option. Actually my base is Matco and the top is Snap-On. Not that I checked many, but the Craftsman ones I did see were absolute crap. The Kobalt at Lowes is pretty poor also.

That's the power tool that sort of vibrates? OK, 'nuff said.
On 3/5/2011 12:17 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

LOL! Set myself up good there!
Tony Miklos wrote:

You were lucky:
http://tinyurl.com/c35qs8
Jeff
--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)
On 3/5/2011 1:45 PM, jeff_wisnia wrote:

Doh! Another one got me. I gave that sentence no thought about its double meaning. (And we seem to do just fine without those toys.)