Mower motor won't spin

Page 2 of 3
On 06/21/2016 06:46 PM, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

I wear Red Wings but I don't buy them at Walmart. I did make the mistake of buying a pair of Herman's Survivors there about 15 years ago. The only relation the cheap Chinese junk had to the original Survivors was the name, which Walmart bought.
On 06/21/2016 06:05 PM, rbowman wrote:

3C == Cheap Chinese Crap
On 06/21/2016 06:09 PM, T wrote:

And the American consumer can't get enough of it.
On 6/21/16 8:46 PM, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

Had a similar experience with Wally back when I was running a small consulting firm.
I had a good client in the Bentonville area who, on one of my regular visits there, had arranged for me to be the featured speaker at a Rotary luncheon. After my talk, one of the Rotarians, the WalMart exec responsible for my flavor of consulting, invited me to meet with him to explore doing a project with them.
Long story short: he offered me 40% of my quoted standard fee. I countered with 90% to which he said 40% - take it or leave it. I thanked him politely and walked away.
--
With all this “gun control” talk, I haven’t heard one politician say how
they plan to take guns away from criminals and terrorists— just from law
On 6/22/2016 12:01 PM, Wade Garrett wrote:

Good on you! The politely part must have taken great strength.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On Tuesday, June 21, 2016 at 5:08:31 PM UTC-4, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

Which of course has nothing to do with what the poster stated.
On 6/21/2016 8:08 PM, trader_4 wrote:

For some reason, thread drift appears common on Usenet lists. I've never made much sense of why that is. Now, I'm trying to decide between pepperoni pizza in the microwave, or beef ravioli to help me stay on topic.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On 6/21/2016 8:31 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

Skip the micro and put it in a real oven. It's worth the wait.
On 06/21/2016 05:50 PM, Tommy wrote:

1+
On 6/21/2016 8:50 PM, Tommy wrote:

Preferably gas.

Travesty!!!
Wood fired rocks!!
On 6/21/2016 9:33 PM, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

Glass cleaner with vinegar does a nice job on my truck windows. Cotton towel. Needs several applications, but it's worth it.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On 6/21/16 8:50 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

On 6/22/2016 7:29 AM, Dean Hoffman wrote:

Folks have reccomended that for insulation inside clothing. Helps keep body heat in.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On 6/22/2016 7:29 AM, Dean Hoffman wrote:

Newspaper? What's that? Is that something I can get an ap on my iphone for?
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On 6/21/2016 9:12 PM, Chen Cheng wrote:

Harbor Freight has a couple nice waffle face hammers. Nails and staples don't go flying across the room as often. Compared to smooth face hammers.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
learn more about Jesus
On 6/21/2016 8:31 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

I have thread drift in a couple pair of my underwear. Seems to have opened a hole. The threads don't look broken, just drifted.
Should I buy new ones or just patch with duct tape?
On 6/21/2016 11:15 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

I've always had good results with Castrol GX in my truck engine.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On 6/20/16 8:06 AM, trader_4 wrote:

little before. No mention of a blade brake. I bought a Husqvarna push mower earlier this year. No brake on it. Apparently it's not a universal thing. This particular unit is a Poulan. Being ignorant about computers doesn't bother me too much. There have been lots of changes since they have become more widely used. This deal does. A little experimentation would've/could've showed the solution.
On 6/20/2016 9:59 PM, Dean Hoffman wrote:

If it is sold in the USA some sort of protection is there. Maybe it has a different name, but there is a safety device.
A federal safety standard for power mowers, developed by CPSC, took effect June 30, 1982. All walk-behind power rotary lawn mowers manufactured since then must meet the mandatory safety requirements designed to reduce hand and foot contact with the moving blade.
THE CPSC STANDARD
If you purchase a new walk-behind rotary lawn mower, the machine must meet the federal standard, and must be certified as complying with the regulation. Some of the safety features of the regulation include:  The blade brake control. On all new mowers, an automatic brake stops the blade in three seconds when the operator releases his/her grip on the handle-mounted control bar. This feature prevents the rotary blade from operating unless the operator actuates the control. It also requires the operator to maintain continuous contact with the control to keep the blade operating, and stops the blade completely within three seconds when the operator releases the control. If the mower only has a manual start, the control must stop the blade without shutting down the engine, unless the manual starting control is located within 24 inches from the top of the handle, or the mower has a 360 degree foot shield. For user protection, the mower must also have a secondary control which must be activated before the mower can be operated