moving waste only about an inch.

I've got a 1/2 shower that I'm doing and the drain needs to move only about an inch. How do I make a jog in 12 inches of PVC of only an inch or so?
--
Uno

Uno wrote:

<http://www.plasticoddities.com/showerdrains.htm

An 1/8 bend street ell plus a standard 1/8 bend ell ought to be about right. If you're really clever, you could put most any bend in a 12" section with a heat gun. Electrical workers do this with plastic (PVC) conduit routinely for minor corrections. Those plastic oddities suggested by dpb are really neat, though.
Joe
Joe wrote:

Agree w/ the bending; I just figured would show "the high-priced spread" solution... :)
I don't recall where I first came across these but they are the quick'n'easy way, particularly if the riser is in place or there's access problem issue in existing construction you can generally rotate one of these puppies from the upper opening w/o any other access needed.
If it's doggone close, another alternative is a long flexible coupling, aka Fernco-style...

Uno wrote:

I mentioned Fernco flex coupling in a followup sidebar w/ Joe...I'll note that for a waste pipe w/ no pressure if it's a little too much for a genuine Fernco, you can use any decent quality hose and regular band clamps and make the transition whatever length is convenient that way.
On 6/18/2011 12:09 PM, dpb wrote:

thx fellas.
--
Uno