Moving switch and receptable boxes

Page 2 of 2
On Wed, 14 Jan 2009 06:07:57 -0800 (PST), DerbyDad03

Or who paid how much to get them approved to start with.
Add pictures here
✖
On Jan 14, 7:59 pm, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And, for example, if one of them happened to get wet or subject to a high humidity situation?
Perhaps like aluminum wiring when first approved for residential use and then showed problems and even fires!
Any links to where can one see a picture/diagram of the NEC approved (inside-a- wall) approved connector????
Add pictures here
✖
on 1/13/2009 1:14 PM (ET) Wayne Whitney wrote the following:

That looks less safe than just using wire nuts in a concealed junction box. I don't even like using those "vampire" connectors in vehicle wiring. For household wiring, I would rather connect the wires by twisting, then soldering, then screwing on a wire nut in a junction box. How could they fall apart? How does an electrical inspector find a concealed junction box anyway? Just asking, I haven't done it.
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

Easiest, neatest and code compliant is to use WireMold. True, it is surface wiring, but it is not all that conspicuous. Once installed and painted to match surroundings it should be quite acceptable. One advantage might be you can keep present devices functional if you wish. Most box stores stock the basics, and a good distributor will have the more unusual adapters on the shelf. HTH
Joe
Add pictures here
✖

To leave any splice box, it would have to be accessible. Is there an alternate location that the cables could reach, such as a base cabinet, or the flip side of the wall, where an accessible junction box wouldn't be an eyesore
Add pictures here
✖
RBM wrote:

side of the wall is not an option. There is a high cabinet which might allow one box to be concealed.
Regards
Don
Add pictures here
✖