Mouse Traps

Every winter small field mice take up residence in my garage.
For two years I quickly got rid of them using Victor snap traps.
Last year I bought a an off brand of traps. I put out a dozen of these traps and caught only one mouse. The bait was stolen from the eleven other traps but only the one mouse was caught.
I compared the Victor traps with the off brand and found the springs on the off brand are much too strong.
I switched back to the Victor traps and have all but eliminated my mouse problem in less than a week.
Freckles wrote:

I've found the Victor plastic quick set traps work well and are a lot easier to deal with than the old style spring on a board traps.

I do best with Tin Cats.
Freckles wrote:

The problem may solve itself in a week.
First cold snap, the field mice look for warmer climes. After about a week or two of cold weather, they all catch a bus for Florida or hibernate or something. Anyway, they tend to disappear on their own.
Next year, think cat.