Mosquitoes and moths indoors - attractants?

Does anyone know of certain chemicals or odours that atrract....
- Mosquitoes? - Moths?
I know there are certain baits for moths, but I don't know what they are, or where to get them. Likewise with mosquitoes. Also, since female mosquitoes feed on blood before laying eggs, I am *assuming* that the scent of blood itself would attract them? Yes? No? e.g. If you had a dish of blood, or very bloody meat that was blended up with water, that would be useful in attracting them? Yes? No?

perfume and deodorants will attract them.

only certain types of blood like O positive for example. they do NOT seem to feed on negative types of blood.

only certain types of blood would.
My 2 cents....
Mosquitoes like CO2 (coke?) Moths like light.

On 2 Dec 2003 23:30:59 -0800, crows snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com.au wrote:
; Does anyone know of certain chemicals or odours that atrract.... ; ; - Mosquitoes? ; - Moths?
From my limited experience, the chemicals would be endless.
Am sure there are experts here, but have read that male mosquitoes feed off plant juices, for instance.
Try a black light and a sheet - collected for years that way.
Used a 12V - 120 inverter run off car battery, fluorescent fixture. Sometimes I was literally crawling with critters (hair, on and in clothing etc) while collecting coleoptera.
--

" The quality of American life must keep pace with the quantity
of American goods. This country cannot afford to be materially

You can get all the horney meal moths you want with pheromone traps.
Female mosquitoes are attracted to octenol and specific concentrations carbon dioxide <- third hand info. I don't think blood attracts them per se. They probably key on respiratory profiles and/or temperature gradients.
If you can't get your hands on octenol or CO2, you can hire me to sit outside (only $1000/hr). Mosquitoes will come all the way from Louisiana to bite me. Air freight to Australia not include.
P.S. I'm reading this in rec.gardens, and I'm not an entomologist.
Look here for all you want to know about mosquitos. http://www.mosquitomagnet.com /
I bought a Mosquito Magnet (about $200.00) last summer and went from a fog of mosquitos to no mosquitos.
Boden