Mini-Fridges

Page 3 of 3

Do they have a "recycling penalty"?
My daughter's school requires you to check in at the recycling at least once every 2 weeks (or something like that) show your picture ID and sign the log. If you don't, there is some type of fee added to your bill.
You don't have to actually recycle anything, but you have to check in.
The theory is that if you have to stop by anyway, you might actually recycle your plastics, paper, etc.

Nope. But the bill is pretty darn high to start with.

re: "But the bill is pretty darn high to start with"
Times 2 in my case, times 3 next year.
# 3 is pretty darn smart so I'm hoping for some "assistance" from schools that want her.

I dunno, I think U of M is pretty close to 3 times the state schools around here in NC.

Good point.
Currently I'm talking about 1 state and 1 private.
At least the private is the 2nd half of a 2 + 2 transfer from a community college, so we're only looking at 2 years of "ouch" - and he is getting some help based on his academic and other credentials.
Still, it's no where near painless.
On Thu, 5 Aug 2010 03:36:50 -0700 (PDT), Bob Villa

They are hardly worth the money. In addition to the Peltier limits of above all the ones I have seen will never run 24/7 like a standard frige.
Air flow is a must for the Peltier type. The air path easily clogs with dust and the transfer efficiency goes down rapidly. The fan bushings will start to drag and further reduce the air flow and efficiency.
Bob Villa wrote:

You can stack 2 peltier coolers to get 80 degrees difference, 3 for 120... that is good for operation upside down or any direction, even good for zero gravity. Down on earth staying upright it's a lot cheaper to use the old fangled compressor systems.

On the outlet, does it make any difference in the performance whether you put the ground pin up or down on the 3 prong plugs?
Steve ;-)
Steve B wrote:

Of course it does! Just follow NEC. ;-)

Are there any consumer available stacked peltier coolers?
snipped-for-privacy@mucks.net wrote:

I don't know? Maybe a search will help?