Mildew Clothes in cellar

One friend of mine just found a couple plastic garbage bags of clothes from her teen daughter. and they have been in bags for at least two years. Mildew set in.
She says next trash day she's putting them out for the trasher. I'd like to wash them and donate them to the goodwill.
Is it possible to launder mildew out of clothing, or are they better off taken to the curb? It is a shame to throw out clothes that some one can be wearing. If they can be saved.
--

Christopher A. Young
Do good work.

I have removed mildew-spotted clothing simply with a stiff brush, then let them air out outside, followed by dry cleaning or washing. Seems to work fine, depending on the severity of the mildew.

This is Turtle..
Stormy , You might call Goodwell stores in your town and see about giving them to them for they will wash everything anyway if you give it to them. Mildew can be washed out but may take two washing with hot water and tide with Bleach or a good power soap. Getting the Mildew out is not a big one.
TURTLE
Chris,
It depends on how bad it is. I had a towel with mildew that actually stank. I washed it several times to no avail. I put it on my truck as a rag, I still couldn't get the smell out with repeat washings. I finally threw it away, it stank to much to even use it for a shop rag.
Try washing them & see what happens. Maybe you will do better than I. Good luck.
Stretch
Only bleach will kill it but enough may ruin the clothes. If its real bad you soak each piece in bleach water then rinse and wash, if not soaked long enough it wont work, to long clothes are ruined. First try adding a few cups to washer load, Mold is a plant and bleach kills it by removing it oxygen.