Microwave question

I went to use my microwave this morning, and it was dead. I checked the breaker box, and the breaker for the kitchen is fine. Flipped it off, then on again. All the other things work in the kitchen, and the toaster works in that outlet.
I find it odd that it didn't fizzle in the middle of a heatup. If I pull it apart, is there a user serviceable fuse in there? What to look for/at?
Help appreciated. Panasonic 1300w Genius Inverter model.
Steve
Steve B wrote:

Checked and reset them all.
Steve

Costco? Save your receipt?
Jim

Did you plug it into a known working outlet somewhere else in the house??? That's the first thing to do!!! There may be a contact problem and the toaster worked bu the Uwave didn't. IF you are sire of power, the put the Uwave somewhere where you can remove all the acrews along the sides and back that hold the cover on, and remove the cover. Look for a fuse that is in the primary 120V power input line and check it with an ohmmmeter. That is the most likely cause of a total failure. be careful not to touch other parts . See the FAQ for things to avoid.

90% chance it is a fuse inside the case. I have replaced fuses in two Pany micros. You can get replacements in many places such as Radio Shack. Just look for "microwave fuses", they are small round glass or ceramic fuses about 1/4" x 1 1/4" in size. For future use I have fastened a couple of spares inside the case near where they go so that we don't have any delay next time one goes. There actually was a batch of bad fuses that Panasonic used and they will all blow eventually and need replacing.

Except one ..................
Never mind.
Steve
Steve B wrote:

Lou
Steve B wrote:

now fixed .... Never Mind this replay. If it's still broke, many microwaves have a thermal link above the ceiling which is supposed to melt if you put something into the oven and fat finger the buttons for 2.00 hours instead of 2 minutes. You have to remove the case, but the part is easily replaced.

yeah,but the inside of the oven will never be the same! ;-)
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

there should be a replaceable "3AG" size ceramic fuse in there,and the two MW's I've opened had schematics inside,one on the inside of the cabinet,and the other was in an envelope taped to the top of the MW internals. the 1000w oven used a 15 amp fuse.pay attention to the ratings marked on the fuse itself,you want the same type of fuse.
Now,the BAD news is that your inverter oven may have had some electronic component in the inverter circuitry fail,blowing the line fuse. Those are not as reliable as the older iron transformer ovens.
BTW,you may need a security TORX bit to remove the cabinet screws.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik