Maytag washer stackable fuse help!?!

Hello all!

First off thanks for listening - the information I have found has been so helpful! So here is where I am at...

I have a Maytag Stacklable Laundry LS7086 washer/dryer (electric). It is about 5 years old and up until now worked great. Now I am unable to wash clothes... through trial and error I have found out that the spin cycle does work. So after much googling it seems that I have blown a fuse, perhaps the lid fuse? I think this is a quick repair and while I am not mechanical engineer I am pretty handy. I'd like to avoid the hassle of a service call and the cost.

What I can't find is a good guide on where the fuse is located on the stackable model and how to install it. I am going to walk to the bookstore at lunch to see what guides they have. But does anyone have pictures or can tell me where it is located - specifically on the stackable?

Also is this something I should attempt myself or just suck it up and pay the $100 or so to get it fixed professionally.

Thanks so much in advance!

Matt

Reply to
wandertos

Hi,

Model# is missing some digits....might be LSE7806??? E is for electric.

Don't believe there is one.

Often inside the front of the washer cabinet on the left side.

A blown fuse is often a lid switch problem!

jeff. Appliance Repair Aid

Appliance Repair Aid

Thanks for the info - how hard a job is a lid switch replacement?

Reply to
wandertos

To give you some incentive to do it yourself, call Maytag service and ask what they charge in your area.

Reply to
Art

G'day,

Replacing the switch itself is fairly easy....getting at the switch is the PITA! Pulling the washer out, removing the front& top panals to access the lid switch in the corner.

jeff. Appliance Repair Aid

Appliance Repair Aid

Take the 2 lid switch wires, cut them, bare the ends and join them. Lid swithces are not necessary, very problematic and costly, installed because people refuse to take responsibility for watching their children. Politicians found a way to earn points and now we all have lid switches at a cost millions of dollars to society.

Reply to
BUGSEY

I found the fuse on the left inside cabinet, However I bypassed the fuse using electric tape to connect the white wires, turned the breaker back on and the washer to on and all fixed, money spent “0”

Reply to
Fixergirl

I call BS, spelled t-r-o-l-l.

Reply to