Maytag Washer - How to Access the Belt?

    How do I access the belt to change it out? My washer has developed a very loud squeal (like a slipping belt) in all cycles; and I'd like to replace the belt.
    Is it accessed from the bottom, the back? Any tricks to removing the access panel(s)?
    TIA!
<Nobody You'd Know> wrote in message

Is it a dishwasher, clothes washer? Maybe age of the appliance would not hurt either.
You mean you have not bothered to even look under the washer and want someone to write you instaructions like:
1. Change into work clothes 2. Unplug the power, 3. Etc.
RichK
Nobody You'd Know wrote:

G'day,
Which Maytag washer? Model#?
http://www.applianceaid.com/model.html Some model# helps.
On 31 May 2006 04:52:12 -0700, "Appliance Repair Aid"

    Clothes Washer Model # MAV7600AWW
    Thanks!
Nobody You'd Know wrote:

Look under the lip at the bottom of the front panel. You are likely to find two Philips screws, one on each side. Remove the screws and swing the panel out and off. The Top panel I believe will swing up. Kind of a bother trying to remove it with all the wires and stuff, and I don't think you need to remove it.
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit
Most, if not all, Maytag clothes washer belts are accessed by tipping the machine back, and reaching underneath. No need to take off the front. Older models have two belts, new models have just one.
On the other hand, if you are getting squealing, I doubt you are haveing a belt problem. Newer Maytag products can get small items, such as a toothpicks, stuck in the pump. You would have to take the front off to hear the pump close up.