Masonry in a tube

Was wondering if the cement (mortar) in a tube is moisture resitant ? I'm repointing a chimney only a section that I can't get at. Is this something that I'm looking for ? I had done alot of it with mortar but in the attic I can't get to a area, a tube would work. Any info would be helpful. Thanks

Reply to
odyssey

Mortar in a tube? You mean caulk, right. Mortar cures underwater by chemical reaction, mortar in a tube could not be sold.

Reply to
ransley

Well I guess it's some type of silcone with a sand grit. Quickete sells it a tube, but I don't have eough info on it. The big stores don't really know if it's moisture resitant. So, yes it is some type of caulk from what I understand. Without structural support , I'm not to worried about that . I'm more interested in moisture . Thanks

Mortar in a tube? You mean caulk, right. Mortar cures underwater by chemical reaction, mortar in a tube could not be sold.

Reply to
odyssey

mortar absorbes moisture and breathes, using caulk can hold in moisture and damage can cause behind it, caulk wont breath.

Reply to
ransley