Masonry in a tube

Was wondering if the cement (mortar) in a tube is moisture resitant ? I'm repointing a chimney only a section that I can't get at. Is this something that I'm looking for ? I had done alot of it with mortar but in the attic I can't get to a area, a tube would work. Any info would be helpful. Thanks

Mortar in a tube? You mean caulk, right. Mortar cures underwater by chemical reaction, mortar in a tube could not be sold.
Well I guess it's some type of silcone with a sand grit. Quickete sells it a tube, but I don't have eough info on it. The big stores don't really know if it's moisture resitant. So, yes it is some type of caulk from what I understand. Without structural support , I'm not to worried about that . I'm more interested in moisture . Thanks
wrote:

Mortar in a tube? You mean caulk, right. Mortar cures underwater by chemical reaction, mortar in a tube could not be sold.

mortar absorbes moisture and breathes, using caulk can hold in moisture and damage can cause behind it, caulk wont breath.