Marking Pressure Treated Lumber?

Pencil sometimes works, sometimes not so much. Maybe it's the wetness of the lumber; I dunno. Laying down tape first is too much bother. Permanent marker is a little too conspicuous, and often a little fat. I'm considering scoring the wood with a razor to serve as a marker.
Any tips for easily making marks on wet, pressure-treated lumber?

I'm no expert but dull nail would probably work better than razor and be easier to see.
On 6/8/2011 11:12 AM, Frank wrote:

Chalk pencils or charcoal pencils. Either one can be bought at a craft store.

Try chalk or a scraatch awl. Joe G
Thanks for all of the ideas. I'll give them a run and see what happens.

Depending on your purpose, a scratch awl may do the trick.

For simple cut lines a box or utility knife works well.
RonB
On Wed, 8 Jun 2011 08:29:17 -0700 (PDT), mike

Normally when I buy wet PT lumber, I let it dry first. Just dont lay it in the sun or it will warp. It dont take long to dry if you leave each piece away from the others. Put a few boards or bricks on the lawn under a tree and lay them separately across them. (of course this only works in dry weather).