Magic Jack on a cable selling channel.

Clicking thru channels I saw it on QVC.

Reply to
Lisa BB.

It's also on an independent channel ION right now.

Cheri

Reply to
Cheri

It works, but don't count on getting rid of your main line. Make sure you have USB2, and a power hub is better. Use a phone that has a power supply (a few extra headsets are nice) Outgoing calls are more reliable than incoming. If you make long distance calls MJ has more value. It is totally worth it for a second line.

Reply to
metspitzer

YMMV. After a month I dropped land line. $35 per month for basic service,no options. shhessh! MJ has worked great for me. I have a prepaid cell phone for backup/emergencies tho I've not needed it in the last month. MJ has come thru just fine.

No power hub needed here, and my 5 yo panasonic cordless works just fine. Of course if you have a usb disk drive, usb tuner, etc, a Power hub would indeed be wise.

Reliability of calls and voce quality equals that of land line for me.

I've found the MJ voice mail handy. It sends the voicemail as .wav files to my gmail account, so I can hear the msgs over any computer with speakers, not just on a mj equipped box. DSL Reports has a good MJ forum for much more 'independent' opinions:

There's also an 'unofficialMagicJack' forum but the forum interaction is painfully slow:

Leroy

Same experience for me. I use a Uniden cordless just fine.

Reply to
Dave Bugg