low voltage downlight question

Hi all.
I have 4 low voltage downlights in the kitchen and one recently blew.
After replacing it, I find that when I turn the lights on in the kitchen, the 3 that didnt blow come on, and the one I replaced flicks on just a split second AFTER the other 3.
Why is that? Did I change it incorrectly? Different wattage or voltage? No idea...
There are a number of types of low voltage lamps used in downlights, the most common being MR-16 halogen. These lamps are wicked hot and tend to burn the sockets that they are plugged into. When this happens, you get a layer of this burnt material insulating the lamp from the connections,causing anything from a slight delay to flickering to not working at all. Some manufacturers like Lightolier have quick disconnects on the socket leads so you can replace it easily, others must be spliced in HTH