Lost oil from central a/c unit

Hi ,Not sure what I did wrong but I added freon for a frozen Rheem 3 ton central a/c unit, After the ice melted in the aie handler the pressure on the low side shot up to 100 from 40. I decided to remove some freon from the unit. I used the low pressure side to remove the freon . After a while I noticed that I lost about 6 0z. of oil. So I decided to remove freon using the high pressure side. That worked alot better with very little oil loss. Finally I got the low pressure side to about 65 and the unit is working well. I have 2 questions now., How do I replace the oil back the the central a/c unit? And Why did the pressure rise after the ice melted in the air handler. Any advice would help. Ray
Hi ,Not sure what I did wrong but I added freon for a frozen Rheem 3 ton central a/c unit, After the ice melted in the aie handler the pressure on the low side shot up to 100 from 40. I decided to remove some freon from the unit. I used the low pressure side to remove the freon . After a while I noticed that I lost about 6 0z. of oil. So I decided to remove freon using the high pressure side. That worked alot better with very little oil loss. Finally I got the low pressure side to about 65 and the unit is working well. I have 2 questions now., How do I replace the oil back the the central a/c unit? And Why did the pressure rise after the ice melted in the air handler. Any advice would help. Ray
On Sun, 29 Jul 2007 04:10:21 -0700, rayjohn3 wrote:

There is an attachment to add oil and after the ice melted the refrigerant was able to flash off hence the low side pressure rose. Next time thaw the coil first.
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Becareful when you are charging your unit. If you do not properly hook up your gages to your system you can easly inject air into the system and then you will be having some major repairs needed.
I first would ask myself why the system needed a top off and do you see any signs of a leal?
To add oil to your system you need a injector.
--
Moe Jones
HVAC Service Technician

The first thing you did wrong was mess with something you shouldn't have.
The second thing makes me think you should call the EPA and tell them what you've just done.
Ever heard of the "Montreal Protocol"?
kjpro @ usenet.com wrote: .

Tell me if I am right, if he's neighbor had filmed him with a camera and turned him in to EPA, that neighbor could have gotten a reward of $10,000 or is the $10,000 is the fine that EPA would have fined him?
--
Moe Jones
HVAC Service Technician

So let me get this straight, The Federal Government won't do anything about people entering this country illegally but they're going to go after a citizen who leaked a little R-22 ? That sounds about right. Better yet, he should be caught with naked pictures of his small children in the bathtub. It would make the national headlines. "Child Porn Pervert Caught Murdering Poor Little Ozones". The only actions taken by the EPA that I've read about lately in the HVAC news publications have been against large outfits who make mistakes in their paperwork. It wouldn't surprise me at all if some EPA bureaucrat, looking to boost his career, went after some little guy for the publicity. Anyway, that's government for you.
[8~{} Uncle Monster
kjpro @ usenet.com wrote:

Little wanna' be Stalinist 'narcing out his neighbors. Worthless piece of shit as a human being.

have.
what
What's your problem, Fuckface?
ROTFL.
You have no ability to control your emotion and rage.
Almost every touch to your keyboard involves you calling someone who dis agrrees with you an asshole or Fuckface.
You are one sick puppy.
kjpro @ usenet.com wrote:

Control emotion and rage.
I'm posting a freaking message, who says I'm upset? LOL