Long delay for range

Went to Lowes today to buy a range. I know they have a very small stock at the stores. I thought it may take 3 or 4 days for them to get one. I was told that it may take over 30 days to get a white LG range that is on sale. Good thing we don't need one, but the wife just wanted a range with a convection oven .
Did not think to ask the salesman, but is there that much of a delay on other brands ? This is a small town with not too many options.
On Mon, 30 Nov 2015 18:04:11 -0500, "Ralph Mowery"

Well if it's a really good sale, maybe they are running low. Just think, there are 10 young Chinese working on your range right now. I'm told they put your Facebook picture over the workplace, to inspire them.

DEFINITELY not Chinese. LG is made in South Korea - and they absolutely hate the Chinese.
On 11/30/2015 06:04 PM, Ralph Mowery wrote:

You think 30 days is bad? Wait until you need repair parts.
Why not buy a "Made in North America" brand?
On 11/30/2015 6:44 PM, Herbert Morrison wrote:

Is there one? I sure hope there is.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
Stormin Mormon wrote:

on Black Friday sale.

off-shore.

I hope to never need repair parts. I bought a built in unit for a house I lived in and then about 10 years ago I bought a range and have not needed any repair parts. Probably will get a new range if that one fails after 10 or so years.
There are many internet places that seem to have repair parts. I should be able to get them in less than a week.
The LG had a rating of 4.8 out of 5. It was on sale, the wife wanted that one.
It would not surprise me if many of the North American brands have many of the parts made out of the US.
On Mon, 30 Nov 2015 18:44:28 -0500, Herbert Morrison

North America. When I was looking for a washer and drier the only one available actually made in North America (not including Mexico) was a european brand - Bosch.
On Mon, 30 Nov 2015 18:04:11 -0500, "Ralph Mowery"

Brick and mortar stores with products this far out are what makes internet sales start looking attractive.

The details ... therein lies the devil. We're looking for a front-load washer - Sears was $ 100. cheaper than the local guy - - local guy was free delivery & old washer removal. - Sears was $ 70. delivery $ 25. removal .. Do the math .. .. and decide which will deliver & connect the washer - with the least trouble ..
The big-box stores were no better - price or otherwise.
John T.
--- ---
On 11/30/2015 5:04 PM, Ralph Mowery wrote:

You could probably order it online and get it in a week.
--
Maggie

On Mon, 30 Nov 2015 18:04:11 -0500, "Ralph Mowery"

convince you they are - - - .
The appliance store I usually use has a HUGE warehoouse full of APPLIANCES. - who'd of thunk it??

They usually have cooperative warehouses so they have an in depth stock. Local stores will deliver the next day, if needed.
--
Tekkie

On 11/30/2015 6:04 PM, Ralph Mowery wrote:

You may do better at a real appliance store. We have one next town over and they beat Lowes and Home Depot on price and delivery every time. Most appliance dealers belong to a coop and get good price and fat delivery.
Last time I bought a washing]ng machine it was delivered two hours later. When my freezer broke they gave a a loaner for two days until they could get the one I wanted. Lowes won't do things like that.