Lint in washer

Hi -
We have a Kenmore washer (70 series super capacity, heavy duty), which is approximately 3 years old. On dark loads, there is what appears to be a lint like substance that is on the clothes when they are done the washing cycle. Essentially, you need to wash the clothes again to get it off. We use liquid detergent, have changed brands, and have run the dark clothes using every water combination that the washer can do. The washer is not overloaded. I was looking for a lint trap to empty, but the manual states that there is an "internal" (read: non-serviceable) lint trap, and it should empty itself automatically.
My question is: is this lint trap in face removable in order to clean it out? I can't see where it would be, but would like to at least try to clean the thing out.
Any ideas appreciated. Thank you!
Chris

Hi,
Unknown....Kenmore is made by several different companies....model#??

This may help.... http://www.applianceaid.com/whiting.html
Hi Chris,
Most newer washers have little or no lint filtration, and the Whirlpool/Kenmore top loaders recently dropped even their small 'self-cleaning' one (basically just a round plastic 'comb' under the tub). The earlier designs weren't accessible for cleaning anyway. FWIW, I never saw a lot of lint caught in these filters, so they either did a good job of self-cleaning or a lousy job of lint collecting <grin>.
From what Whirlpool has told us, the engineering dept now assumes you'll use the dryer on every load, and they count on the dryer's lint system to handle it.
I'll bet you're hang-drying laundry, at least occasionally, right? In most lint complaints I get, that's the case. It's not the best solution, I know, but using the dryer more should help.
Hope that's of some help.
God bless,
Dave Harnish Dave's Repair Service New Albany, PA www.DavesRepair.com snipped-for-privacy@sosbbs.com 570-363-2404
I'm a 32-year pro appliance technician, and love sharing what I've learned - in a FREE Monthly Appliance Tips Newsletter. (Back issues now posted here too!) www.DavesRepair.com
John 3:3

Thanks for the ideas, I will investigate both.
Tanks again!
Chris