The ceiling fan in my bedroom does not shut off when i hit the off
button on the remote , it just dims a bit. the fan works fine.
There is no toggle switch on the wall for this.
Any idea what could cause this.?
Just happening or like this since installed? Mis-wired or if the remote
is controlling electronic relay to turn off the light, maybe it's bad.
If it's new install, try higher Wattage bulb than what it is now. Some
electronic circuit needs minimum Wattage to work normal.
The fan worked fine since i installed it 5 years ago.
I'll try the higher wattage bulb.
If that doesnt work ill have to go in the attic , pull up the carpet
and pull up some floorboards to get to the wiring.
I see. Then there is a possibility the electronics fatigue.
Those electronics replay needs good heat sinking and heat is
enemy for premature failure. I just use pull cord yet on our fans, LOL.
Have a good one.
I doubt that you need to go at the wiring from above. If you even need to
get at it at all it would be accessed by taking the fan down from the
ceiling (room side). Most likely, as several others have suggested, it is
with the remote of the receiver in the fan, which would probably be in the
fan housing, not at the junction where the fan wires connect to house wiring
at the ceiling.
I haven't seen anyone suggest new batteries in the remote - but that's
If its been working it wouldn't be a wiring problem, and if you tried a
larger bulb as Tony suggested and it didn't help, you probably have either a
bad transmitter or receiver. I would try redoing the code between the
transmitter and receiver also
HomeOwnersHub.com is a website for homeowners and building and maintenance pros. It is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here.
All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.