Light in ceiling fan dims but wont shut off.

The ceiling fan in my bedroom does not shut off when i hit the off button on the remote , it just dims a bit. the fan works fine. There is no toggle switch on the wall for this. Any idea what could cause this.?
snipped-for-privacy@verizon.net wrote:

Hi, Just happening or like this since installed? Mis-wired or if the remote is controlling electronic relay to turn off the light, maybe it's bad. If it's new install, try higher Wattage bulb than what it is now. Some electronic circuit needs minimum Wattage to work normal. (
The fan worked fine since i installed it 5 years ago. I'll try the higher wattage bulb. If that doesnt work ill have to go in the attic , pull up the carpet and pull up some floorboards to get to the wiring.
I should have added that the light worked fine also.
snipped-for-privacy@verizon.net wrote:

Hi, I see. Then there is a possibility the electronics fatigue. Those electronics replay needs good heat sinking and heat is enemy for premature failure. I just use pull cord yet on our fans, LOL. Have a good one.
I doubt that you need to go at the wiring from above. If you even need to get at it at all it would be accessed by taking the fan down from the ceiling (room side). Most likely, as several others have suggested, it is with the remote of the receiver in the fan, which would probably be in the fan housing, not at the junction where the fan wires connect to house wiring at the ceiling.
I haven't seen anyone suggest new batteries in the remote - but that's another idea.

On 7 May 2006 07:12:03 -0700, " snipped-for-privacy@verizon.net"

You mentioned a remote, you might want to search through the materials that came with it, or check online for a manufacturers site.
good luck,
tom @ www.freecreditcheckguide.com
If its been working it wouldn't be a wiring problem, and if you tried a larger bulb as Tony suggested and it didn't help, you probably have either a bad transmitter or receiver. I would try redoing the code between the transmitter and receiver also

It would be useful if you told us what make this fan is. Casablancas have some button sequence you have to push.
Has it ever worked? If It is like the remotes that I have, It takes a quick tap of the light switch on the remote to douse the light. They came from HD many years ago.
Charlie