Light bulb sockets these days.

Page 2 of 2
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

I read elsewhere a suggestion to take a pencil and draw around the bulb threads (so as to leave some graphite on the bulb threads). Haven't tried it.
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

The problem with Vaseline as I have seen it is that it is often put on too heavy and drips, it is also slightly corrosive. Yea, I know that does not seem right, but I have both experienced it and seen other references to it.
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit
On Mon, 23 Jan 2006 04:26:22 GMT, Greg G

It was the change in the material that the bulbs' bases and the bulb sockets are made from. It used to be brass, but is now aluminum, usually. Brass on brass is not too bad a combination for bulbs and sockets, but al on al is terrible! It galls (tends to cold-weld to its mating part).
There are electrically-conductive lubricants that can be applied sparingly to the threads, that will make things much better, in this regard. Just be sure not to bridge accross the two conductors!
--
tbl

Nothing has changed, but it is China's fault.
(just kidding. I may be having more trouble too, not sure. My big problem is standing on the bed and changing the bulb without removing the glass thing.)

I put a tiny bit of soap on the threads.