Light bulb keeps burning out

Page 2 of 2

The fluorescent was burning out too often, but the incan. is about the right life time if left on continually. 4 weeks is about 700 hours which is close to the life of standard incandescent builb. Try a CFL bulb.
I have an outside light on my house that eat bulbs every week , the wife ' insisted 'that I replace it . I went and bought a bulb at a store that only handles qualty products.Yes I paid way more but after one year it is still working. Jerry Don't buy Walmart's crap from China !!!
http://community.webtv.net/awoodbutcher/CARWRECK

I changed a stairwell light to the bayonet type and have regretted it ever since. I got years of life out of the old flourescent tube type but only a few months from the bayonet type.