Leaky bathroom faucet, need FAST help.

Here's a picture of the cartridge that's located in the bath/shower. It works by rotating the knob until you get the desired temperature. There is no name brand printed on it. I need to replace it quickly. Can somebody ID this and tell me what to buy at the hardware store and how to remove the old one out of the fixture? It won't budge.
http://www.pbase.com/image/60119697.jpg
Thanks for your reply.
David Farber L.A., CA
A more sensible idea would be to bring the photo to the hardware store.
I still need to know how to remove the old one. I would like to be able to have the old faucet in hand when I buy a new one.
Thanks for your reply.

I believe you can purchase a tool for pulling those units at the hardware store. While you are there bring that picture and you might get lucky....

I took the picture to the store and although it took me two trips to get the correct part, the old cartridge is still stuck in the fixture. I'm 99% sure the cartridge is manufactured by Moen and the part number is 1222. I bought the tool to remove it but it was too short to go over the stem and I had to return it. I came home and checked the Moen web site. I found this instruction sheet that came with the cartridge:
http://www.moen.com/shared/pdf/instruction_sheets/INS746F.pdf
If you look at step number six on this sheet, it appears there is a coupler device that comes with the cartridge that facilitates in the removal of the old cartridge. I'm not at the location of the ailing faucet but I hope when I go back there, it is as easy to remove as the instruction sheet seems to indicate.
After I wrote all this, I found (I should say my wife found) an animated guide for the removal and installation of the cartridge. I wish she would have found this earlier. lol
http://www.moen.com/consumersupport/installation/moen0133/moen0133.cfm
Happy Mother's Day to all the moms out there.
--
David Farber
L.A., CA