Leak in bathroom

I have just discovered a small leak coming from a soldered joint of the hot water feed to the bathroom sink. As a fix can I cut the pipe below the soldered joint, put in a 15mm push fit coupler that includes an isolation valve then continue to the tap with a plastic pipe? (I understand that plastic pipes are becoming more the norm these days). No sure whether the coupler should be plastic or brass? Your help, as always, is very much appreciated. Chris

Reply to
Chris Learmouth

Why not just re-solder the joint?

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

Plastic is used for one reason it's cheap no other reason. "15mm push pull coupler"? Try Phone book look under P

Reply to
Sacramento Dave

Sounds like a good plan.

Might also query this group: UK.D-I-Y