Laying Vinyl tiles over carpet

OH MY GOD.... I cant believe anyone would even consider this.....
FROM: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic 8298.0
[BEGIN QUOTE]
Laying Vinyl tiles over carpet « on: August 07, 2007 07:34:11 AM »      I know it's an unusual question but I am renting a unit that has carpet which I am allergic to so I am planning on putting down self adhesive vinyl tiles. The catch is the owner will only allow me to lay over the top of the carpet that is already there as she will not allow it to be removed to lay the vinyl tiles onto the concrete floor. As I can't imagine the self adhesive tiles sticking too well to the carpet (even if they did stick they may leave a residue on the carpet from the glue?)I came up with a thought when I saw the foam type of underlay used for floating or laminate floors. I am wondering if I laid this underlay over the carpet, then stuck self adhesive vinyl tiles onto this underlay, would the outcome be successful? Huh
Regards, Debbie
[END QUOTE]
There is more to read on the webpage about this..... http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic 8298.0
On 03/02/2015 11:53 PM, snipped-for-privacy@spamblocked.com wrote:

That was in 2007 and I'm sure anyone that intelligent has certainly Darwined them self out of existence by now.

One can only hope.
On Mon, 02 Mar 2015 23:53:09 -0600, snipped-for-privacy@spamblocked.com wrote:

plywood and glue the joints.