[SOLVED] Lawnmower gets hot and quits

I hope after 11 years he has gotten it fixed

Reply to
hrhofmann

well, it should have cooled off, anyways...

Reply to
dpb

replying to JWitherspoon, Bob wrote: Ancient thread, I know. But thank you, thank you, thank you for the gas cap vent idea. Cured my problem immediately.

Reply to
Bob

replying to Marc Belanger, Melisa G Cunningham wrote: That's what mine is doing, just put a hour plug in and still same thing. My next option is to replace the coil.

Reply to
Melisa G Cunningham

Twelve year old thread illiterate Melisa. But then again the post originates from Home Moaners Hub, it's to be expected.

Reply to
ItsJoanNotJoann

She should replace the hour plug with an all day one.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

replying to Sherman, Matty wrote: This info may be old but it is the funniest string I have ever read. It is 12 years later now and I hope that "she" is OK and that "he" is happy with his new wife.

Reply to
Matty

replying to Sherman, arlonadkinson wrote: Stuck choke! B&S knows but does not fix it. A tiny spring is supposed to keep it in open position but it is too weak if you get dirt on it!

Reply to
arlonadkinson

replying to BocesLib, arlonadkinson wrote: Stuck choke!

Reply to
arlonadkinson

I don't see a problem. I quit when I get hot too.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Ed Pawlowski posted for all of us...

What kind of hot is that?

Reply to
Tekkie®

One makes me stop, the othe type just gets me started!

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

replying to ds549, harold wrote: It is a riding mower i can put more gas in it and when i do it runs good

Reply to
harold

We're so happy to hear that.

Reply to
trader_4

Sounds like me on a hot summer's day in my cucumber patch.

Reply to
Colonel Edmund J. Burke

replying to Duane Bozarth, Woodysrepair wrote: The fuel level is not high enough to maintain a gravity feed if u look the bottom of the tank sets almost level with the float bowl on carb .there needs to be at least couple inches above to maintain positive gravity feed to carb ....fill tank full and put a block of wood under tank to raise it up.

Reply to
Woodysrepair

Should I use 50.8 mm oak or 38.1 mm maple?

Reply to
Duane Bozarth

Duane Bozarth posted for all of us...

A brick or concrete block to turbo charge it!

Reply to
Tekkie®

replying to Ed Pawlowski, Queenb wrote: Already did that

Reply to
Queenb

replying to JWitherspoon, BDATT wrote: Hip Hip Hooray......That suggestion, was Point-On. Thanks A $Million$

Reply to
BDATT