Lawn Sprinkler

Anyone recommend a good lawn sprinkler which provides good equal coverage?

Thanks

Reply to
Meanie

How much area?

We use 3-4 of these...

There is also the National that is built a little more ruggedly but is quite a bit pricier up front...

Reply to
dpb

Think about your question for a minute.

For one thing, anyone that's fortunate to have a lawn sprinkler that has worked through a complete season, or even 2 or 3 seasons, is probably not going to know it's make, model, or where they bought it.

And second, the odds that you're going to come across the same make and model of (likely chinese-made) piece of hardware in your locality is slim to none, if indeed that make and model is still in production in the first place.

There was another stupid question here recently (a hand-pumped garden sprayer I think). Same logic applies.

Reply to
Home Guy

I and a few of my neighbours like Gardena's line of sprinklers.

Reply to
Duesenberg

On 7/6/2012 7:10 PM, Home Guy wrote: ...

Some of the above-mentioned Nelsons here are at least 20 if not 30 yr old...

They're still there and parts, too...

Only thing silly in this thread (so far, anyway) was you... :(

--

Reply to
dpb

I have a Mist Master sprinkler that has to be 60 years old. It has no moving parts and looks like a metal cone with a small hole in the middle that puts out a fine mist. Great for the flower beds, probably not the best for a lawn.

Here is one on eBay:

Steve Stone

You really are a gem, aren't you? And I don't mean this as a compliment. I guess I shouldn't be surprised. I was recently warned about you.

Reply to
Doug

Jess Stryker's site has everything you will likely ever need to know about lawn irrigation, here:

I believe he will also answer emails, but I would do my homework first as the guy is not a commercial lawn guy.

Reply to
Norminn

Rest assured, there's nothing that fool can say to bother me. People such as he insult, thus, trying to fill a pathetic void in their life due to their jealous and envious character. I almost pity the pathetic sap.

The idiot is on my blocked list. It's too bad the rest of the group doesn't do the same.

Reply to
Meanie

You know I think I'm going to do the same and I haven't even read many of his posts but I already got a glimpse of his personality from you and another. Now all I have to figure out is how to filter correctly in my newsreader. Regards.

Reply to
Doug

Look at the responses so far.

Mostly for ancient sprinklers that are 30 to 60 years old.

And the ridiculously expensive european Gardena sprinklers.

There have been thousands of different sprinklers imported into north america over the past 5 or 10 years from china, sold in all sorts of department, hardware, big-box and surplus stores, sold for anywhere from $2 to $20. Some (or even most of them) either worked like shit or only worked for maybe a month, and some ended up being worthy to recommend to others.

Someone in up-state New York may have bought one of those good ones 2 years ago at J-Mart. Do you think someone in San Diego will be able to find one of those for sale at retail today?

My guess is that the OP will probably not want to buy a $35 gardena sprinkler. But he seems to post here occasionally so he's not a "drive-by" one-time poster. Maybe be will come back here into this thread and tell us what his budget is.

Reply to
Home Guy

As to a commerical lawn guy well maybe not but this is what he says on his site........ "The tutorial was written by a professional landscape architect with over 20 years of irrigation design experience." Regardless, this looks like a nice site to start with (maybe end with too). Of course I haven't read the entire site yet .

Reply to
Doug

And they're still being made and are widely available today...

--

Reply to
dpb

On 7/7/2012 9:38 AM, Oren wrote: ...

Yeah, I had just done the same--"great minds and all that..." :)

Reply to
dpb

He obviously has advertisers on the site....Jess has had the site up for a long time....been about 15 years or so since I first used it. Home page, if you scroll down, has topics other than irrigation, including family photos. Jess is the landscape architect, per his page:

Norminn

You were warned but you didn't listen, did you?

Reply to
DerbyDad03

Will do Oren. Appreciate that !

Reply to
Doug

Slow learner but I learned now. Forgive me :-| (now to learn how to filter out this troll based on all his aliases, domain names, etc... , ok just thought of a new post)

Reply to
Doug

I just bought one these a few minutes ago.

$2.97

I've got a wierd shaped yard such that no sprinkler I've tried will hit every section without moving it around and getting a bunch of overlap.

This one is small enough to be able to water the little corners that my other sprinklers won't reach.

I can now use this pulsating one in one spot to get most of the yard and then getbthe smaller sections with the little one.

DerbyDad03

Thanks Oren. I will include them now in my list of newsgroups. Appreciate the help as always..... Doug

Reply to
Doug