Lawn Mower Spark Plug Changing ?

Hello:
How long, typically, is a spark plug good for in a typical lawn mower, and also for a typical weed-wacker, before needing replacement ?
Assume, perhaps, once a week usage during the summer on each.
Thanks, Bob
If it is kept dry it can easily outlast the motor, or several, a cheap motor might get 100-300 hours life, but in your car the same plug lasts 5-10 times as long.

I don't know, but I do know I've never had the need to change one. They outlasted the rest of the engine.
Robert11 wrote:

I don't recall replacing one yet. Consider plugs on car engines last 100K miles or more nowadays.

Hope I'm not the only person that bought a mower engine plug. I've even accidentally cracked ceramic on a new plug going into the truck, but I'm cured now.
Oren

Here is a page that will show you what to look for.
http://www.verrill.com/moto/sellingguide/sparkplugs/plugcolorchart.htm

Just change the damn $2 plug once a season or when it's running shitty. And spray it with WD-40 -- your wallet I mean. It's squeaks bad.
Right on brother!

it.It will tell you what is happening with the engine.

True. But what are you gonna do about it? It's a one cyl engine. Adjust the fuel injector, timing, maybe add a NOS kit to it?
Yea OK, in reality may tell you the carb need adjustment or air filter is clogged. But if either one of those is the case it's probably running shitty anyway. If it ain't, don't screw with it.

LOL !
That would've made a good "Home Improvement" episode.
I could picture it now, a blue bottle right behind the seat of a riding mower (or between the handles of a push mower).
Pimp My Mower ! (now that could be a "King Of The Hill" episode). Ole Hank Hill could have a visit by Xibit.

Great imagination but expand it just a bit:
On a weed whacker. Machine in front as usual with a blue tank strapped on your back like scuba. Up rolls the SWAT team, storms the driveway and orders you to lay face down on the ground arms wide out or die. Turns out neighbor saw you with "wand" out in front of you and tank on your back. Called 911 and reported "There's a guy walking around the neighborhood with a flame thrower."

This is not so far fetched. There is a company here where they advertise pimping golf carts - chain link chrome steering wheels, high speed gears, lift kits and all.