Lawn Mower - Disconnecting shut off brake permanently

Page 2 of 2
Jack Hammer wrote:

If she can start it herself and knows to mix in the oil - - she's a keeper.
On 06/30/2012 03:48 PM, snipped-for-privacy@thecave.com wrote:

Neither lend nor ask to borrow Things will still be there tomorrow
Overnight, another day Another dollar I shall not pay
Jon
On Saturday, June 30, 2012 2:02:29 AM UTC-4, (unknown) wrote:

Take the broken-off end of the cable and tie it off somewhere.
On Saturday, June 30, 2012 at 7:02:29 AM UTC+1, snipped-for-privacy@thecave.com wrot e:

Petrol lawnmowers dont need a brake,they will stop in 3 seconds when ignit ion is cut.In fact no machine needs to be braked. Have respect for machines ,and let them slow down by themselves, harsh braking puts a lot of stress on vital parts,and often cause damage to motors in electric mowers. RS
snipped-for-privacy@googlemail.com writes:

You think after 3 years the original poster still cares?
This wouldn't happen if you read Usenet with a news reader instead of the botched Google Groups interface.
--
Dan Espen

On 6/12/2015 2:47 PM, Dan Espen wrote:

And you demonstrated your usenet skills by full quoting.
I'm surprised they dont include a

ition is cut.In fact no machine needs to be braked. Have respect for machin es,and let them slow down by themselves, harsh braking puts a lot of stres s on vital parts,and often cause damage to motors in electric mowers.

how long does it take to read a date?

I never look at the date. I keep my newsreader updated as ASSume the posts are current. They should be in a perfect world.
On Fri, 12 Jun 2015 11:48:47 -0700 (PDT), snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Umm, How Long is a Chinese name.
snipped-for-privacy@googlemail.com wrote:

I never heard lawn mower brake, but clutch. My mower has that same feature(John Deere) it does not bother me. When it's time to empty the bag, I let go of the handle, after bag is reattached, one pull starts again. Not such a big deal. Safety feature is not made for only you, LOL!
On 06/12/2015 01:15 PM, Tony Hwang wrote:

Mine had a crude safety feature that shorted out the coil when the handle was released. On a Briggs I work on from time to time, it has that, plus a clutch that consists of a flexible strap with some sort of friction material embedded on it; when the deadman is released the coil shuts down and the strap pulls tight against the flywheel, quickly stopping the rotation.
I removed the safety feature on mine during maintenance, but I left it on the Briggs because it isn't my mower.
Jon

It would be nice if safety features like these were optional not mandated. It's amazing how much more the consumer must pay to keep the mental midgets in the gene pool.
On Friday, June 12, 2015 at 12:31:04 PM UTC-5, snipped-for-privacy@googlemail.com wrote:
ote:

ition is cut.In fact no machine needs to be braked. Have respect for machin es,and let them slow down by themselves, harsh braking puts a lot of stres s on vital parts,and often cause damage to motors in electric mowers.

Yes, U.S. made/sold stuff has a brake on the flywheel for safety...look it up. And this thread is nearly 3 yrs old! Doh!