Lawn Mower Class Action about HP ratings

Page 2 of 2

On 4/10/2010 4:40 PM, Oren wrote:

Dewey, Cheatum & Howe is doing well on this deal. They agreed to not ask for more than $35.6 Million + interest...

I got one, too. I was wondering if it was legitimate, but I hadn't gotten around to checking into it, yet.

I got two (neener neener). Now all I gotta do is get to my in-laws to get the information off the older one.
--
I get off on '57 Chevys
I get off on screamin' guitars

The card states that the mower must have been bought after 1/1/1994, but the claim form does not ask for a purchase date. My first thought was that the mower & engine model # would indicate the manufactured date. But then as I read further, the manufacturers are just throwing a fixed sum of money in the pot and apparently don't care about the details. That leaves the lawyers to nitpick the claims to get as much for themselves as possible. As others have said, we probably won't see any money, but 'may' see a benefit of an extended warranty from some the engine manufacturers. KC

Well this was timely since my lawnmower just thru a rod thru the "block" this afternoon. Must have been because it didn't really have the 4.5 hp the label said it has.