Lawn Mower and thick smoke

Hi,

I recently bought a Lawnboy mower (walk behind) and have been using it for 3 months. Couple of weeks ago, I slipped on an incline and fell down but did not let go of the lawnmower. The mower was running when it tilted to its side as I fell and thick dark grey smoke came out of the side along with a burning smell.

I waited a few minutes, restarted the mower and finished mowing the lawn. Last weekend, when mowing hte lawn again, I noticed that the mower felt a litte rough.

Should I check something? Does something need to be changed? Change oil maybe? I checked the oil level and it seemed OK.

Thanks Raj

Reply to
sunday4

Such 4-stroke engines are not meant to be tilted much, or lots of oil gets into the combustion chamber- I suspect via the crankcase breather.

This will leave deposits on the insulator of the spark plug, which will be transformed by subsequent heating. I'll wager that if you give it an hour or two of run-time as-is, then a new plug, the engine will run as before.

You are most lucky to take such a tumble and not be struck by the blade!

barry

Do check the engine-oil level though!

-Tim

Reply to
Tim Fischer

Thanks for the responses. I did check the oil level and it was fine. I was worried about permanent damage to the engine.

Will change the oil just in case. I did change my shoes after the incident :-)

Thanks

Reply to
sunday4

Thanks for the responses. I did check the oil level and it was fine. I was worried about permanent damage to the engine.

Will add more oil just in case. I did change my shoes after the incident :-)

Thanks

Reply to
sunday4