Lawn - After the Grubs

I had a bad bout of grubs last year and it took a pretty heavy toll on my lawn. I'm sure the grubs are gone, but so are large portions of my lawn here in Toronto.
Ian wrote:

They starve to death when they run out of food. Birds, skunks and raccoons eat 'em.
Peter H

What did you do? Shit them out in they yard?
Now's a good time to overseed. Buy a quality seed... not from a hardware store.
The grubs will have missed small portions of root while feeding. Some of these roots will generate new grass plants, but this takes some time. Your lawn will be late in filling in, but with some help with seed it will come around eventually.
Don't expect it to be weed-free this season though. Clean it up in September.
You may want to consider a Merit application in July as a preventor to ensure that the buggers don't come back.
Good luck with it.
Peter H

I also hear Milky Spore is effective although costly.