Last update on frozen well hydrant!

It's thawed. Five days of sitting quietly with heat tape, insulation, with a garbage can shoved down on top of everything finally thawed the hydrant. It works fine; nothing cracked.
And it was 3 degrees here this a.m. so it has to be just sitting under all that stuff without being disturbed for five days that did the trick. Gave the heat tape enough time to do its job.
Yeah! I don't have to haul 50 gallons of water/day in 2.5 gal buckets anymore!
Thanks everyone.
congrats!!!

Cool. Good job. -- and you won't EVER make that mistake again, I guarantee it.
--
Regards,

If I do, please, someone put me in a home because my better days are obviously over.
BTW, when I went to fill the trough, all THREE hoses were frozen. <ARGHH!>

Before next winter you need one of these or similar...
http://www.ritchiefount.com/products.html

Nah you still have a lot of life left. You fixed the problem, you even had the courtesy to give us an update, you still have many good days ahead yet. Enjoy them.
wrote in message

Thanks, Edwin. Updating everyone who had been so kind to try and help nw was the least I could do. I don't come in this newsgroup a lot but I do know to come here when I need some serious help. ;)