laminate repair

Hi all,
I have tongue and groove laminate that is glued. There was a bug on the middle of the floor and my kids used aerosol instant carpet cleaner to kill it. How do I repair it short of ripping it out to the middle of the floor?
I got directions from the manufacturer and they must be under the impression that I have my own woodworking mill. After I get the damaged area out, I am supposed to route the new pieces and the old pieces, wait for a full moon...(JK) Seriously, after reading the 4 pages of VERY fine print, I think it would be easier to just rip out the floor to the middle and start over. I don't have a router and don't know how to use one. But I thought I would ask to make sure there isn't an easier way.
"The Data Rat" wrote in message

kill
impression
am
think
Being glued, if you decide to rip out the floor to the area which is ruined. You will still need a router, loose tongue and a few other tools. You'll create a bigger mess.
You didn't mention brand name, but if it's Pergo you can go to their website and look up installers. It will give you endorsed installers within 150 miles of your zip code, providing they signed up with Pergo for freelance work.
It does take some experience and knowledge to replace single planks or tiles. I wouldn't advise it unless you helped someone a few times.
Expect to spend about $250 for a single plank or tile replace, with you providing the tile or plank.
Is there any chance you could just refinish the damaged area?
--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math
Not with laminate...:-) The good thing about laminate is that it is ALMOST indestructible. The bad thing is once something damages it, it has to be replaced...sigh

the
floor?
over.
would
Yea, sorry, I did was not paying attention.
--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math
Maybe an 'area rug' placed over the damage would be cheaper?

on