Laminate Flooring

Has anyone bought from Lumber Liquidators ? At HD Laminate floors run around $3.00 sf. Lumber Liquidators show prices around $1.00 Or do you get what you pay for.

Reply to
desgnr

I've bought it. Also laminate from Floor and Decor Outlets.

I paid $0.79 and $0.48 sq ft. Couldn't be happier.

The stuff looks good, is impervious to wear, and is easy to work with.

And very little smell of rotten eggs.

Reply to
HeyBub

No. But I have purchased from a local outlet with about the same deals and been very pleased with the results.

The stuff is all graded according to how long the wear layer should last in normal use. The grading system is the same across all the lines.

Some differences that may or may not matter to you are that some of stuff has a rougher surface to help prevent slips. Sorta like the difference between a matte or gloss finish on a photo or counter top.

Colbyt

Reply to
Colbyt

Yes they are pretty good. It was the only place where I could find engineered wood flooring without those stupid grooves, so it actually looks like a real smooth-sanded wood floor, and not just a bunch of chamfered boards with groovs to collect dirt.

I got some laminate stuff too at .99 a foot on closout, looks more real than Pergo, but its from China of course.

Reply to
RickH