Laminate Countertop

I have a question regarding sanding the edge of a formica counter top. I have a laminate counter top with a bevel edge molding made by kuehn. There is a spot where the bevel molding is not flush with the top surface of the counter top so I lightly sanded the raised part. In hindsight I probably should not have sanded but it is done now. The problem is I can see a white layer of the formica where I sanded. Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can hide this white line?

Drew

Reply to
drew

What color do you want it to be?

Reply to
mike

Unfortunately, the options are to replace that section of laminate, or try to hide the white line using permanent markers. Sometimes if the laminate is a darker color, a permanent marker will somewhat hide the lines, You might try an arts and craft store and see if you can find a suitable color. It's probably will still be noticable if you know to look for it, but sometime they hide pretty well.

I hope this helps.

Robin

Reply to
rlz

Craft stores have acryllic paint in sm. containers, a zillion colors, for about $3. Tape it, paint the edge. Did something similar in my bathroom, and the paint stands up well.

Reply to
norminn

My buddy did the same thing while we were installing cabinets. He fixed it by trimming the end of the counter with his router, then applying new edging.

Reply to
SteveBell