Kolbe & Kolbe Window Experience

I'm looking to replace some old single-pane slider windows and Kolbe & Kolbe were recommended by an aquaintance. After searching usenet archives, I've seen many posts that recommended against using this brand, though I haven't seen anything recently.
Were their problems only in the past? Are their newer windows worth using?
If anyone has experience with this brand, I'd sure appreciate any advice, good or bad.
Thanks in advance, Pete
Built my house 7 years ago. It has a ton of windows, almost like being outside. All are Kolbe & Kolbe - mostly double hung. They are insulated, low e, argon filled. Aluminum clad on the outside, and left natural on the inside. I have had zero problems...they still look and operate great. I'd buy 'em again.
I have no affiliation with K&K.
Bram Sorgman
Peter Young wrote:

I installed four double hung K & K's in my kitchen a year ago and I like them real well. They're not the best on the market, but for the price they are very good. Mine were coated on the exterior with some kind of white plastic and I finished the inside to match the trim in my house. I will install more in the future.
On Mon, 25 Aug 2003 18:16:52 GMT, "Peter Young"