Kohler Engine starts, but then stalls immediately

Hello,
I have a SCAG with 20 HP Kohler engine (CV20s).
The tractor had been running fine, but it recently stalled on me. Now, every time I go to start it, it starts up fine but immediately shuts down. I replaced gas filter, etc. but nothing helps. Seems like some electrical component is preventing spark from continuing to enter the engine, but I am not sure. Note that this started right after running out of gas and loading it up with fresh high octane gas.
Any suggestions?
nazarino wrote:

choke's stuck. float's stuck. www.google.com/groups
Sounds like you have a piece of dirt or grass is caught in the needle and seat in the carb! Somtimes a gentle tap on carb where fuel line enters will do the trick or disassemble and clean yourself.
Is there an oil pressure switch on that engine, or a low oil switch? They usually shut the engine down under specific conditions, but I'm not sure if they'd allow the engine to start at all. Check the oil level, replace the oil and filter if it's time.
Bob

Don't know about Kohler, but the B&S engine on my portable generator has a low-oil cutoff switch, and if the oil is only a bit low, the engine will start and immediately die. So I think that's a good suggestion.
I also had similar symptoms in the Kohler engine in my JD riding mower, that I traced to a dirty carburetor. Complete teardown, cleanout, and rebuild of the carb (about two hours work and eight bucks for the gasket kit) fixed the problem.